The Estonian Development Fund brings you the Climate-KIC Accelerator together with our partners Garage48 HUB, Tehnopol Science and Technology Park, and Startup Wise Guys. It is the only EU acceleration programme focused on climate impact by cleantech commercialisation. We grow climate innovations into valuable, investable businesses.
In three stages, our 4-month program brings you the knowledge, tools and coaching a cleantech start-up needs for success. We’ll let you in on all the secrets of achieving global domination in your chosen market niche.
Applications are closed for 2015. Ten teams were selected. Only some of them will pass all assessment rounds to graduate the accelerator at the end of November 2015.
Climate-KIC Stage 3 participants 2015
- VeggieRadar – VeggieRadar is a platform for fresh local produce and artisanal food. For conscious food consumers who have difficulty finding fresh local produce or local artisanal products VeggieRadar offers a platform that provides a quick and simple way to find and purchase food. http://blogi.arengufond.ee/2015/10/climate-kic-accelerator-veggieradar.html
- Reverse Resources – Reverse Resources is the first online marketplace to enable industrial upcycling for global fashion brands. They offer waste inventory service to large textile manufacturers and deliver their leftover information to brand designers for environmentally improved decision making. http://blogi.arengufond.ee/2015/09/climate-kic-accelerator-reverse.html
- NotesNote – NotesNote aims to make a difference in the managing of sheet music in the classical music world and to stop wasting the materials, time, and energy. They provide musicians with very light bi-foldable music sheet readers with 2xA4 E-ink screens. http://www.notesnote.com/ and http://blogi.arengufond.ee/2015/09/climate-kic-accelerator-notesnote.html
- The 1000 Days – The 1000 Days is a personal green lifestyle coaching application. It uses deep psychology and gamification to engage the environmentally minded citizens of developed countries in green lifestyle by providing clever guidance and real life feedback. http://www.the1000days.org/ and http://blogi.arengufond.ee/2015/09/climate-kic-accelerator-1000-days.html
- Sympower – Sympower’s platform shifts the time when heating and cooling devices use electricity to cheaper hours, saving customers money. On the other hand, by reducing the number of fossil fuel plants used to meet peak electricity demand, Sympower reduces CO2 emissions. www.sympower.net and http://blogi.arengufond.ee/2015/09/climate-kic-accelerator-sympower.html
Programme for 2015
Stage 1: Fundamentals
Find your market niche, develop a financial model, and figure out how to make money and scale your business.
This stage has three boot camps in August and continuous one-on-one mentoring (main topics: market niche, financial model, pitching).
Boot Camp 1: Business Model Fundamentals
Boot Camp 2: Market Development and Pricing
Boot Camp 3: Pitching
Stage 2: Validation
“No business plan survives first contact with a customer.” (Steve Blank)
Are you solving real customer problems? Talk to customers and verify your business assumptions.
This stage has three boot camps in September and continuous one-on-one mentoring (main topics: talking to customers and verifying your business assumptions).
Boot Camp 1: Marketing and Branding
Boot Camp 2 in Poland: Meeting the Clients
Boot Camp 3: Digital Marketing
Stage 3: Delivery
Get your business ready for take-off. Find launching customers, development partners or investors. Form partnerships that make you grow fast.
This stage has three boot camps in October/November.
- Boot Camp 1: Financials
- Boot Camp 2: Legals and IP Rights
- Boot Camp 3 in Poland: Investment Readiness and Fundraising
Here are some of the incentives for the selected teams in 2015:
- Access to world-class knowledge in the cleantech field thanks to international and Estonian mentors and coaches
- Chance to receive grants up to 40,000€
- Chance to apply to Masterclasses (http://www.climate-kic.org/for-entrepreneurs/masterclasses/)
Get in touch
Caroline Rute (Climate-KIC Accelerator Project Manager)